Mark has joined Kells after spending more than 10 years in Asia in various in-house roles and running his own successful business. Upon returning to Australia he has been assisting ASX-listed real estate investment trusts and leading international private equity sponsors, investment managers, and other investors and developers in their investment, development and financing activities.
Mark's key areas of practice are:
- Residential and commercial real estate and development projects
- Joint venture and shareholder arrangements
- Construction, project management and development management contracts
- Multi-unit residential, office and shopping centre disposals and acquisitions
- Retirement village developments and management
- Mergers and acquisitions by both Australian and international stakeholders
- Planning and local government advice; and
- Energy, mining and natural resources advice.
Mark has a leading reputation amongst existing and new Chinese entrants to the Australian real estate market. He has extensive experience advising international clients in relation to major property and mining projects and significant and complex transactions. Mark's experience in assisting these clients is highly regarded, he is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and is the Vice-President of the ACT Chapter of the Australia China Business Council.
In his spare time Mark enjoys surfing (badly), reading and hunting around for great coffee.Back to Our People