Contesting Wills and claims on estates
Our lawyers can provide advice and assistance when you have difficulties with a deceased estate. Estate disputes can arise in a number of ways including where:
- a person has passed away leaving inadequate or no provision for a family member, partner or close friend;
- there is a Will however it does not properly reflect the wishes of the deceased;
- there was undue pressure on a person making a Will that resulted in a person receiving more under a Will than would otherwise be the case;
- a Will has been made by a person who didn’t have legal capacity to make decisions about the distribution of their assets; or
- executors or administrators are not properly administering an estate and protecting the interests of beneficiaries.
The death of a loved one is a difficult time and this is aggravated where there estate has not fairly and properly been dealt with. Kells has the skills and experience to advise on these issues in a sensitive and timely manner.
We aim to get the best results for our clients, whether this be to obtain greater provision from an estate, to uphold the wishes of the deceased or to protect the interests of beneficiaries.